Saturday, May 22, 2010

Essay Writing

When it comes to essay writing, I think I am pretty accomplished. I know when I am writing how to write a thesis, embedded quotes, meaningful analysis. The problem with essay writing for me is whenever I try to write all of these things, it doesn't sound very organized. I would say that I do know a little of what literary analysis is about. To me it is just analysing how, what , and why the author wrote something some way. The purpose would be to understand what you are reading more. The challenges are knowing whether or not your assumptions about the selection is right. Its rewards would go with its purposes ; you are able to understand the selection more.

If someone were to read an essay of mine they would probably say that it's okay but not great. I feel like when I write essays, the things I have a hard time getting right on the rubric is repetitive use of words. I may have 5 errors just because I kept forgetting to put an apostrophe in "it's." Many of my sentences come off as awkward and unorganized and I often worry about having an original idea. They only thing that I am confident that I have is the right parts in each paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment